Saturday, June 26, 2010

Yosemite National Park Day 2

It was another glorious day at the park. Lots of people enjoying a summer visit. Can't imagine how crazy it will be over the 4th of July weekend.

We started the day with a short hike to Yosemite Falls to enjoy the view and snap a few photos along the trail. Next we were off in the car for a drive to the Tuolumne Meadows.

The drive was long and the roadways were crowded. The narrow, winding road is undergoing repairs further slowing the pace. Open only during the summer, our drive took us to elevations over 9,000 feet!

I really feel the effects of the altitude. Uphill climbs leave me sucking air and my legs just didn't have any energy. We managed a short walk to stretch our legs, up a somewhat elevated trail, but after 30 minutes I'd had enough! My legs were like rubber bands all the way down and never really seemed to recover.





No comments: