Thursday, October 30, 2008

2008 10 30 Nancy's Birthday - A Big 53!

Yippee! Today is my 53rd birthday. We are with Heather, Michael and the little boys in Brookville, Indiana. I am enjoying the fall color, but look forward to getting out of the cold weather and going back to warmer temps.

Our plans for the evening is to go out to dinner at a local restaurant. Earlier this afternoon Papaw, Justin and Peyton surprised me with cards, flowers and candy. Later in the day I received lovely roses from Heather and Mike. Lisa sent a neat set of French steak knives (they have olive wood handles). They are really gorgeous and I will think of her when I use them.

Justin and Peyton made a special birthday cake for me. They also let me know that 53 candles are just too many to put on a cake - thanks guys! They decorated the cake themselves and had a lot of fun in the process. I thoroughly enjoyed watching them have so much fun. Even better was being scerenaded with happy birthday while they decorated the cake! It was a perfect day.

No comments: