Monday, September 1, 2008

2008 09 01 Graceland, Memphis, Tennessee


You should not go to Memphis without visiting Graceland - the home of the King!

Yes it's a tourist mecca, but it's an amazing place. I really felt the importance and the overwhelming presence of family in this place. Especially as we passed the bedroom of Elvis' parents, through the kitchen, the racketball room, and the Jungle Room - but never as much as when we passed the gravesites. As soon as I entered the area tears formed in my eyes - and I couldn't explain it. I immediately began to think about how much he loved his parents, his grandmother, Priscilla and Lisa Marie - his friends and business associates too. He was always TCB - taking care of business. I wonder if that's where ZZTop took their inspiration from? hmmmmm......

Elvis was an incredible talent, so many fantastic, memorable recordings - music we still enjoy listening to today.

We love you Elvis.














No comments: